Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Week In Review!

Gosh it's amazing how time can really slip away from you! It' been a fairly busy week but mostly I am just a slacker. I have been busy doings scouting stuff an I did a lot of stuff with Bonnie this week to get AR stuff going at our school. I found out even though thought I was a laminating queen- I am not. We wee laminating a bunch of ball die cuts for a bulletin board and I was feeding them into the laminator really fast and laughing because Bonnie could not get the tape off fast enough but then at the end thy were all laminated on top of each other. Oops! Of course then Bonnie made fun of me (which I guess she had every right). It was good times! I had to work at Apple on Thursday and then I started going to Love and Logic classes again that night. My poor kids. Well, I think they are lucky but they might feel like they are picked on- being held responsible for things and all that. On Wednesday morning they missed the bus. It's not like they aren't ready. They just wait until they see the bus coming and then they try to put on their shoes an get their bags and everything. So the bus driver left them. That day the bus driver sent home a paper with policies for the bus with the part hi lighted that says kids should be at the bus stop 5 minutes early. The thing that bothered me the most was that she put at the top "To the parents of Natalia and Bradford." I guess it bugged the love and logic parent in me because I thought- now it isn't MY responsibility to get them to the bus on time- it's their own. They did have to pay me 75 cents each to have me take them to school. It goes up to $1 next time. I wrote a thank you letter to the bus driver for helping me emphasize to the kids how important it is to be on time. Is that snotty? I don't know, but maybe. Friday I ran out of gas. That was a bummer. I knew I needed gas but of course I wasn't thinking about it until I ran out. The bad thing was, I was on my way to a pot luck at Apple and I had just gone to pay a bill for my cell phone because it had been turned off for an amount we owed to Edge Wireless. (It was a confusing mix up with the switch to AT&T.) Anyway, my phone was not turned on so I could not call Shaun and no one was stopping to help me until I got out of the car and started trying to push it myself. Then about 4 people hurried and stopped. Thank goodness! My friend picked me up on her way to Apple and then eventually I got my phones back on (it took way longer than the 10 minutes the guy said it would take!) I had to call AT&T and get it worked out from Apple. I got in touch with Shaun and he came and got me. I mowed the lawn on Friday night and it was a good thing because it rained like crazy today! I had Super Saturday today and made some cute magnet boards and Natalia and Jenny made some stitchery things. The are way cute. Then Bradford and I had to go to Walmart for a Show and Sell for the popcorn fundraiser for his pack. The first 2 hours were fine weather wise, but then it started to pour. It wasn't too much fun. He was so cute though. I don't know how anyone resisted when those cute little tiger cubs said, "Would you like to buy some popcorn?" And if the people said "No thanks" they would say, "OK- have a nice day!" It was so cute and some people came back and bought some because they felt bad for saying no to those cute little boys. It was pretty fun. Anyway, I suppose I should go to bed. Until next time. . .

4 comments:

Melanie said...

You are such a great person to go through all that and still have a great attitude!

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

you are amazing! Tell me again how you do it all?!?

Janet said...

Wow, you are so busy!!
I love your reply to the bus driver! Nice job!

Unknown said...

I LOVE parenting with love and logic! I'm glad I found your blog . . . and I thought I was busy . . . but, you win!