Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The week from . . .

OK- so it hasn't been a great week. Not like it has been awful but just not very good. On Monday morning I couldn't sleep well because I kept thinking about PTO stuff. Then I went to the school and found that there was stuff going on the same night as my PTO meeting (that has been planned for a month). I was a little frustrated. Then that morning we found out that a guy that has been on KLCE ( a radio show) forever, died this last weekend. It was so sad. It's not like I knew him personally but we would listen to him every morning and then all day they played sad music. It was a downer of a day. Tuesday I just laid in bed all day. I'm not even exaggerating. I felt like the biggest, laziest loser. That night we went to the honey farm with the scouts. That was pretty fun for the kids. Well, they pretty much didn't pay attention until they got honey combs! They thought that was pretty nifty. Today was a crazy day. I went and donated plasma at 6:00 this morning, came home and got the kids off to school, then had to go to a PTO president's meeting with the Superintendent. I came home and got the kids lunch, then had to go to a meeting at Apple. Then I came home and finished my book "The Sea of Monsters" (Percy Jackson). It was good. Then I had to go run the PTO meeting at the school and I feel like everyone must be thinking I'm such an idiot. They are probably all wondering why I'm the president. Anyway, right after that I had to go to ANOTHER meeting at Apple. Poor Jenny had to pick up the slack at home. Bradford and Bailey had to stay home instead of going to the Family Fun Night because they didn't get homework and chores done. How sad! Anyway, Shaun had a meeting that he didn't know about until this afternoon so Jenny had to babysit while we were at meetings. Thank goodness she was here! They were even all in bed when I got home. Well, Shaun and I are watching "Music and Lyrics" now so I'm going to go enjoy that now!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

It was really sad about Wayne Richards. I felt the exact same way!

Bonnie B. said...

I kept crying when Liza would talk about Wayne. How weird is that? I don't even know the guy, and hardly ever listen to him. BTW, you are a fabulous PTO prez.

Janet said...

It's okay to stay in bed it's called a mental health day.
Enjoy!

Danette said...

Girl, I say drop the PTO!!!
Just kidding, every school needs a super women like you. Tomorrow is always better ;-)

Smith Family- Puerto Rico Style said...

Ok Felicia. Regarding the plasma donation- was this because you are superwoman and you are just trying to save lives or is this a side job? When I was a newlywed I was guilty of the latter part. Someone had to support the family!

Unknown said...

OK, what in the hizzle is a "PTO"?