Sunday, September 7, 2008

Time flies when you're having fun!

How is it that time goes by so quickly on the weekend? We had a pretty good weekend. We had Steve and Kate here (well, Steve flew out Saturday morning) until Saturday afternoon. I feel bad because I had to work all day on Saturday so I didn't get to see them much! When I got to work on Saturday, the guy I was working with said he had only had one hour of sleep so he was completely useless. I decided to be nice and tell him to go lay down and if I needed him I would page him. I didn't actually think he would stay asleep for 4 hours! HELLO! I would have felt way to guilty to do that. When I did page him up he acted like I was waking him up in the middle of the night to come to work when he wasn't scheduled. I was a little perturbed but I just took a 2 hour lunch instead of letting it get to me. I figured he could handle it if I had done it for 4! I was actually at the club because we had a meeting for the foreign exchange student host families so he could have come and got me if he needed to. At least I clocked out! He never did. Oh well. When I got home, me, Shaun and Natalia cleaned out our van. What a mess! But we seriously did some cleaning! It looks great now. I wonder how long that will last! I helped Jenny do her hair to go to the Homecoming Dance at Bonneville because she was going to meet some friends over there, but then she didn't want to go because she felt to nervous to go in by herself. So we took her over to another friends house where she hung out and watched movies and had a chocolate fountain. Shaun and I tried to watch "Son of Rambo" but I was too tired. I'm just getting too old I guess. Then we had to get up really early to go to Logan to Shaun's sister's (Sharon) baby blessing. The problem was, I woke up at 3:30 a.m. and thought I should cover my cookies so they didn't get dried up. So I came into the kitchen and while I was in here a car was driving by and then stopped in the middle of the road between ours and our neighbors house for a second. I don't know what they were doing but I thought it was strange. Then about 3 minute later it came by again and did the same thing. It just sort of freaked me out and then trying to go back to sleep is ind of a joke. By the time you actually get to sleep, it's time to wake up again and then you're really tired! The blessing was nice and I ate way too much at the luncheon thing. Then we went and hung out at Bawden's house for a while with Sam and Tris and their kids. It was fun and nice to see everyone. The kids (especially Jenny and Natalia) are trying to convince Shaun to let us have one of the puppies that Linda's dog Sasha had. We'll see how that goes! He's kind of a softy. Maybe he'll cave eventually! The puppy is really cute- of course they always are, and then they grow up! Well- I'm off to bed!

No comments: